October is Down Syndrome Awareness Month!
On September 28, 1984, thirty years ago this month, President Ronald Reagan signed a resolution proclaiming October 1984 as National Down Syndrome Month.
All month long we celebrate our loved ones with Down syndrome- celebrating their lives, their goals, achievements and more! On this page you will find pages to download and help you share fun facts and resources about Down syndrome.
- Just Like You Video: This is a highly recommended video to show to students. Below the video there is also a link to a discussion guide with talking points. The video features individuals with disabilities speaking about how they are just like their typical peers.
- What is Down syndrome Video: This 5 minute video gives a great synopsis of Down syndrome. What it means when someone has it, differences and similarities you may notice. It is appropriate for anyone from grade school children to adults!
- What's Inside You is Inside Me, Too - Deslie Webb Quinby
- You're All Kinds of Wonderful - Nancy Tillman
- Eli, Included - Michelle Sullivan
- Hannah's Down Syndrome Superpowers - Lori Leigh Yarborough
- My Friend Isabelle - Eliza Woloson
- The Abilities in Me Down Syndrome - Gemma Keir
- My Friend Has Down Syndrome - from "Let's Talk About it series"
- We'll Paint the Octopus Red - Stephanie Stuve-Bodeen
To enhance the quality of life for all people whose lives are touched by Down syndrome.
We envision a community that demonstrates acceptance, inclusion and appreciation for those who have Down syndrome.