How many ways can we say it…
Amazing, astonishing, astounding, fabulous, fantastic, fantastical, incredible, marvelous, miraculous, phenomenal, prodigious, stupendous, unbelievable, wondrous, awesome, spectacular, inspiring, rad, outstanding, tubular (pretty sure I just dated myself with that one), prodigious, stupendous, unbelievable, wonderful, wondrous… so many different ways to say HOLY COW STEP UP WAS THE ABSOLUTE BEST EVER!
There is no way to say Thank You enough for showing up with so much pride, joy, support and enthusiasm at this years Step Up! Not only did we have the LARGEST CROWD EVER, but we also raised over $77,000! Funds that will go to continue hosting the many valuable support, educational and awareness programs offered by DSACC throughout the year. We will be able to continue providing resources for families new & old, providing support and programs for our individuals with Down syndrome, and most importantly- we will be able to continue connecting families, individuals and the community with each other.
Let’s say Thank you together to the amazing sponsors and supporters:
- Start Line presented by: Lithia Hyundai of Fresno, Lithia Nissan of Fresno & Genesis of Fresno
- 5K Tent Sponsor: Valley Children’s Hospital
- Step Up Magic Makers:
- Kiwanis Club of East Fresno
- J. Quistad in Memory of Mel
- Grand: Growing Resources for Autism & Neuro developmental Disorder
- Train Sponsors: Ralph & Lisa Hackett
- Step Up Supporters:
- Central Valley Regional Center
- Aspire Speech & Learning Center
- Richmonds Elk Lodge #1251
- Central Valley Training Center
- Entertainment Partner: Diamond Learning Center & the Bulldog Beat
- Food Parnter: Bobby Salazar’s of Old Town Clovis (were the breakfast burritos not mind blowing?!!!!)
- 321 Supporters:
- Cart Addictions
- Capture You Photo Booth
- Valley Type & Design
- Alert O Lite
- Smart N Final
- Guitar Center of Fresno
- McHenry Protective Services
- City of Clovis
- Clovis Police Department
- And of course our hosts for the day- Clovis Rodeo Association
We had some tremendous volunteers this year as well. Thank you to everyone who helped out so much with the planning, set up, during and clean up of the event. I want to single out a few people in particular who made life so much easier for DSACC- Christie Vick (who did a great job soliciting tons of in kind donations), DeAndra Inman (such a go-getter and idea gal), Ruth Reyes & baby Ecks (super gal power and organization skills), Lupe Avila (for years now is such a wonderful soul to help us out in the final hours of madness in the office), Gayane Petrosyan (glorious intern who despite not being paid, was a super helper over the last few months), Chandel and James Perkins (the muscle), Deepali Desai (all-star board president and all around amazing person), Dee Dee Belliston & tribe (super route markers!) and of course our incredible DSACC Staff.
Thank you Raport for signing the National Anthem for us; Ron Web, Macy Pereira & Nancy Tejirian for donating their time and talents as our event photographers… A huge thank you to the members of Sigma Nu, Omega Delta Phi, PINC, Circle K International, L.H.T., CSU Fresno MCJ Department, NHSSLA, Teens Who Care, and all the amazing individuals who took time out of their weekend to join us. Thank you so much for all that you did.
TEAM SHOUT OUT!
Congratulations to every single team and individual who joined us at Step Up. This year we had more teams than ever before and the race for Largest Team & Fundraiser were back and forth until the very end! These awards were decided by totals as of October 8, 2019.
- 2019 Largest Fundraiser: Connors Crew
- Team Captain: Annie Domingos- they raised over $10,000!
- 2nd place: Team Super Wy
- 3rd place: Team Ava
- 4th place: Julia’s Joggers
- 5th place: Team Gemma
- 2019 Largest Team: Connor’s Crew with over 130 walkers!
Captain: Annie Domingos
- 2d place: Team Super Wy
- 3rd place: Jessie James’ Outlaws
- 4th place: BEEautiful Dani
- 5th place: Team Strollin’ Olin
Team (Group/Business Division):
- Central Valley Regional Center
- Richmond Elks Lodge 1251
Team (School division- The Wayfinders Team
- 2nd place: Gettysburg Elementary
- 3rd place: Bullard Knights
You may have noticed that the 5K results were not immediately posted, we apologize for not having them ready right away- turns out many of you are shy about your age so we couldn’t get accurate results by age or gender groupings. But please find the overall results for everyone who ran in order of who came in. https://d368g9lw5ileu7.cloudfront.net/races/results_odlqiagkhsofk5r7kxgemfj9oha3.pdf
Thank you so much for your support and energy (I personally only run when being chased). You have my gratitude and awe for what you accomplished this past weekend. We wlook forward to having you back next year- save the date, Saturday, October 17, 2020!
Photos are coming in and as soon as we have them, we will get them published to our share site and will notify you via email.
We would appreciate you taking a moment of your time to let us know what you thought of the event by taking a quick survey…
Photos are now available online at Dsacc.shutterfly.org